1 battery in holder
1 light bulb
2 three foot wires
1 rubber band
2 1-foot wires with washer at one end
1. Take a wire that has no washer on one end and tightly wrap the bare wire around the end of one craft stick. The wires should be touching each other. Use the other wire for the other craft stick.
2. Put the 2 sticks on top of each other with the wires touching. Wrap a rubber band tightly around the other end.
3. Put the toothpick between the craft sticks near the rubber band. The wires should now touch when you push down on the switch and open up when you stop pushing.
4. Now that you have your switch, go on to the next page to finish this experiment. You will need to work with another team.
2. Put a book upright between the two breadboards so that you cannot see the light and switch the other team.
3. Write a one word question and translate it into Morse Code.
4. Use Morse Code to ask the other team your question. Turn your light on for a "long" time for a dash and a "short" time for a dot. Use an extra-long flash of light to indicate that you are done.
5. Now decode their answer. Write down the dots and dashes. Then translate them into letters.